Cruising the sunshine coast from Brisbane to Noosa is exactly what it sounds like – a beachy, sun-soaked adventure full of sandy feet and spontaneous gelatos. The drive from Brisbane to Noosa is easily done in one day, or you can draw it out and make a proper road trip out of it. If you want to make the most of this luscious coastal area, follow our expert tips.
Brisbane to Noosa drive time: 2 hours.
Number of days needed: 3-7. Add an extra 2-3 days if you want to explore the Gold Coast as well.
How to get from Brisbane to Noosa: A JUCY campervan is an awesome way to travel from Brisbane to Noosa. You'll have more freedom to find campgrounds near the beach, and wake up next to the view. You'll probably follow the M1 Motorway most of the way, but we highly recommend taking plenty of detours and smaller roads - follow your curiosity! The best parts of the drive are the quiet beaches and nature reserves well away from the main road.
Top sights to see on the way:
- Bribie Island
- Glass House Mountains
- Noosa Fairy Pools
- Great Sandy National Park
- Surfing and boating in the Gold Coast
Brisbane to Bribie Island
85 kilometres - 2 hours
Bribie Island is a sand island surrounded by show-stopping waters. It's the only one of Queensland's islands with a bridge across to the mainland. The bridge makes Bribie easily accessible and a logical first stop once you put Brisbane behind you on your way north!
What to do on Bribie Island:
- On one side of the island is a marine park that is home to dugongs, turtles, and other adorable aquatic critters. Take a boat cruise to spot all of this wildlife
- Mangrove swamps are a haven for bird life, so you can also see lots of creatures in the air
- On the island you can choose to be active and take advantage of all the water sports on offer - learn to surf, or hire a kayak
- Or just lounge around on the beach for a day
Bribie Island to Sunshine Coast
95 kilometres - 1 hour 30 minutes
Drive for another 90 minutes north to reach The Sunshine Coast, an area most famous for its beach resorts and beautiful people strolling beautiful beaches.
What to do in and around the Sunshine Coast:
- Visit the spectacular Glass House Mountains, scenic peaks rising out of the surrounding forest. You can walk or picnic here to break up your driving time
- Stop in at fabulous beaches like Golden Beach (great for swimming) and Kings Beach (awesome for surfing)
- A fun option is exploring the waterways in the area on a paddleboard.
Sunshine Coast to Noosa Heads
40 kilometres - 30 minutes
With hinterland, beach, river, and national park all within easy driving distance, you'll be spoiled for choice of activities in Noosa. The centre of the area is Noosa Heads, which is a good place to use as a base for exploring.
What to do in Noosa:
- Stroll through Noosa National Park to reach the ethereal fairy pools.
- Check out Noosa Heads Main Beach for s serious sunbathing session
- Head up to Great Sandy National Park to get a glimpse of a stunningly beautiful coastal area
Noosa to Gold Coast
200 kilometres - 3 hours
On your way back to Brisbane from Noosa, you can duck down to the Gold Coast to make the most of your beachy road trip. We have JUCY branches in both Brisbane and the Gold Coast, so you have more options - if you just can't bear to give up your campervan, a jaunt to the Gold Coast is always a good idea.
There are dozens of activities in the Gold Coast. You can take your pick of adventurous activities and get your adrenaline fix from zip lining, surfing, boating, or even sky diving.
If you're looking for things to do in the Gold Coast, check out some of these fun activities - as a JUCY driver you can get great discounts!
- The Gold Coast is a fun spot to check out surf lessons with Get Wet Surf
- Go on an Aquaduck boat trip - use the discount code JUCY10YR to get 20 percent off
- Take a boat trip with Paradise Jet Boating - JUCY lovers get a 20 percent discount when using the booking code JUCY10YR
- Stop in at Thunderbird Park near Mt Tamborine for a day of zip lining
- Get a different perspective on the Gold Coast and go skydiving with Gold Coast Skydiving. You get a massive adrenaline rush and the best views of the area! Plus, JUCY lovers can get $50 off Gold Coast skydive with the promo code JUCYSUMMER - valid until the end of Feb 2019.
- Head to Movie World to find out why the Gold Coast is famous for theme parks
More road trips from Brisbane
Not ready to give back your JUCY keys? Check out these road trips from Brisbane - you could keep going all the way down to Sydney!
- A road trip itinerary from Cairns to Brisbane - you can do this trip in reverse to get a taste of tropical north Queensland
- Brisbane to Sydney road trip itinerary - keep the adventure going all the way down the east coast of Australia